Most Supplement Makers NOT Complying with Rules
In 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspected 483 facilities that manufacture supplements in the US and abroad. They found that most (62%) do not follow cGMPs, Good Manufacturing Practices, which help ensure supplements are free of contaminants, banned substances and contain the ingredients which are listed on the label.
The top offense? Failure to conduct testing to verify the identity of the ingredient. OUCH. Translation: many products may not contain the ingredients (or enough of it to be effective) which are on the label. Even worse, many products have been found to be contaminated with harmful substances like heavy metals and illegal drugs. Check out ConsumerLab’s website and the FDA website for more details.
Because we know properly made dietary supplements can support and enhance your fitness and health goals, we’ve made it a point to ensure that you, your clients, friends and family get what we call the “dotFIT Difference:”
- Effective formulas based on good research
- Safe products which are free of contaminants and work together to prevent excess intake
- Pure and potent products which are 3rd party tested and NSF Certified for Sport
- Proper delivery systems to ensure the ingredients get to the right target tissues
- Truthful and legal claims on the label versus misleading advertising
- A personalized fitness solution based on the goal, medical history and body statistics and delivered by certified fitness professionals.
If you’d like more info, here it is along with a message from our founder and CEO, Neal Spruce http://www.dotfit.com/purepromise
It’s entirely possible to do business with integrity. In fact, we’ve done it for decades and we thank you for teaming up with us to help as many people as possible #GrowStrong, play longer and live better.
Your dotFIT Team